Fashion-like bras are a sensual and beautiful addition to any woman’s wardrobe. There are two categories for fashion bras:
- The smoothers and figure enhancers
- The bras that are part of your fashion look that are meant to be seen as part of your outfit (partially hidden)
Smoothers and Figure Enhancers:
This type of bra is meant to smooth your bust in knit fabrics. They are the most popular type of fashion bra. They are usually not very pretty or sexy. It’s best if you try to find the most feminine one you can and pair it with much sexier panties.
Smoothing bras are usually padded to some degree. They can minimize, lift, smooth or separate the bust.
Please do not make this the only type of bra you wear.
My favorite fashion bra is the “bustier”. This bra has:
- Comes down to the waist
- Is very fitted
- Hooks or laces up the back
- Has straps that are removable
- Is made of elegant lace, satin or a combination of feminine fabrics. They are often embroidered with flowers, or have a leopard print
- Can be worn alone as a top, under a top or jacket, or over a bodysuit or blouse
My other favorite is a bra with beautiful straps that are embellished. The center of this type of bra usually has lace, bows or some embellishment that is meant to be seen peeking out of a blouse. These bras are meant to be seen and enhance a woman’s outfit, great with tank tops or sheer tops.
The other type of bra is a demi-bra or balconette style bra. These are usually softly padded and are cut straight across the cleavage like a balcony. They look sensational under a lace blouse, sheer bodysuit or worn alone under a men’s wear style blazer.
Fashion bras almost always have matching panty styles available. It is best to match your panties in any sexy style you feel flatters your body shape best. I recommend buying 2 pairs of panties for every bra or bustier bra.
All of these fashion bras should be worn at night, except for embellished bra straps, which are fun for casual wear.
Please note that none of these bras are appropriate for work unless you are in the fashion, beauty, or entertainment industries.